Saturday 25 August 2012

It's showtime!

Tim Burton, the famous fantsy-movie directort, and also, one of my idols, was born on this day! So who is watching a Burton movie tonight? I now I am!
I think I'm gonna go with Big Fish.
Anyway, here are his top 10 movies (according to Rotten Tomatoes). They are all so great! If you haven't seen them yet, make sure you do soon:
10. Batman (1989)
09. Big Fish (2003)
08. Batman Returns (1992)
07. Beetlejuice (1989)
06. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
05. Corpse Bride (2006)
04. Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
03. Edward Scissorhands (1990)
02. Pee Wee's Big Adventure (1985)
01. Ed Wood (1994)
Of course, there is famous The Nightmare Before Christmas, but Burton didn't direct it, he produced it. We all know the main character, Jack Skellington, who, besides being the film protagonist, plays an important role in pop culture-you can see him everywhere, and he is also mentiond in songs Miss You by Blink-182 and Fallen Star (Blood on the Dance Floor).

But enough about Jack.
Tim also writes poems-my favorite is The Girl With Many Eyes:


One day in the park
I had quite a surprise.
I met a girl
who had many eyes.

She was really quite pretty
(and also quite shocking!)
and I noticed she had a mouth,
so we ended up talking.

We talked about flowers,
and her poetry classes,
and the problems she'd have
if she ever wore glasses.

It's great to now a girl
who has so many eyes,
but you really get wet
when she breaks down and cries.

And he also directed the video for song Bones by The KIllers.
So, once more, happy Tim Burton day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment