Saturday 1 September 2012

But no, John Hughes did not direct my life.

So, school starts on Monday. And for me, it is the first day of high school. I'm not sure yet how I feel about that. So, what could be better than a high school themed movie marathon this weekend?
But no Heathers, no Donnie Darko, no Carrie and stuff like that.
Only nice movies. Happy movies. Bubbly movies. (but not High School Musical bubbly)
Stuff like Mean Girls.
Or maybe not Mean Girls, because I already know every single line from that one.
So, let's see... What shall I watch?
There are John Hughes movies (the man is a freakin genius)-The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Ferris Buller's Day Off, and others.

I love his movies. I really love them. Like Olive from Easy A said:
Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life. 
That reminds me, I should add Easy A to the list.
There is also Dazed and Confused. Amazing movie+perfect soundtrack.
Oh, of course, American Pie and its 4657890876543556788654635456 sequels. Maybe the best teen comedy.
There is also Not Another Teen Movie, and that my dear friends, I really recomend. It is a parody, so before watching it, make sure you watch:
-Everything mentioned in the text above
-She's all That
-Bring It On
-Can't Buy Me Love
-Cruel Intentions
-Road Trip
-Almost Famous
-American Beauty
-Grease
-Footloose
-Better Off Dead
-Detroit Rock City
-Never Been Kissed
-Save the Last Dance
and my personal favorits, and they are also going on the list:
-Can't Hardly Wait    and
-10 Things I Hate About You
(I think I didn't miss anything.)


Yes, all those classic teen chick-flicks are perfect for this time of the year.
Yeah, I guess I'll watch most of them. And you should too.
If not, there are always Daria or Freaks and Geeks marathons, and even though they are tv series, they are pretty damn good. And the stories are about high school, and that works for me.
Did I miss anything?
There are Juno and Saved, but I'm not sure I should watch them now. 


So, a marathon. And I will need a new playlist for September. Not sure what songs should I add, but when it comes to music videos, this one is almost perfect! (because, you know, school)
Okay, there are 10 movies, and 2 TV series (just in case). GO!






No comments:

Post a Comment