Saturday 28 July 2012

Strange Is Relative

Three months. It took me three months to see Dark Shadows. I am a failure.
It always sounded so amazing-Tim Burton, and HBC and Johnny Depp, and everyone else. 
So, Barnabas Collins, a vampire, returns to his home after 200 years of beeing... in a tomb. Because a witch cursed him. Because he broke her heart. Anyway, he is in the 70ies now. Pretty cool, ha? Well, you know the storry if you watched the originial series from 1966. 

I don't usually like when Burton combines  his classic gothic style with a lot of jokes, but this one was kind of good. I think I died laughing when 'The Joker' part came (the song came out in 1973 though, and the movie is set in 1972!). And I love that Hannah Murray (Cassie from 'Skins') appeared as the hippie chick!

The last 20  minutes of the film were... Well, they could have been better. Bella Heathcote (Victoria) could have acted just a little better. And Chloe Grace Moretz (Carolyn) as well. I kind of thought that se would be mind-blowing here.
But everything else was amazing! Soundrack as well! And so was Alice Cooper!











No comments:

Post a Comment